“This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type”
If you are encountering the same problem, there is a quick fix for it. For some reason, some presets are dissapearing in premiere, which leads to unopenable project files O_o. According to adobe this has to do with licensing issues. So first of all, you should try to complete the activation, especially if you have encore, than try to start it and check if the licensing is working.
What we will do: change the xml structure of your project file, so that we “replace” the sequence settings.
1) Create a new Project. Choose ipod preset, as we can change all settings within this preset!
2) Select your own settings, i’ve used a 1080p standard. I used a small “Preview” size (1280 x 720), so that i can work faster in the timeline.
3a) search for “PreviewRenderingPresetCodec”. (Just to come to the searched “troublemaker lines”)
3b) now you have to replace three “lines” from your original file, with the new generated adobe project file.
-) Not working sequence setting
-) Working sequence setting
Here is the copyable version: link
So just replace your the three lines from your new generated working adobe project file with the original problematic ones.
If you have many sequences, you can copy/replace the lines but you should replace only one line at one, because notepad++ has problems replacing multiple lines.
If you have any questions, just leave a message.